CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

I Am A Dreamer

Walk away, world’s crumblin’
I keep stumblin’
Tryin’ to keep true to myself, be humble and
Know I hold a heart that’s so fragile and
I have a place in this world so I keep travelin’
Like a lost, poor, and hungry soul, unravelin’
The pieces of my faith that are worth havin’ and
Lookin’ for his face in all that I see
Lookin’ for the answers of just how to be free
It’s just me and HIS Majesty, my deity
Walkin’ ‘cross this lonely land all the way to the sea
Now I see I thought I was lost in many ways
I never laughed, I always cried, never sang any praise
To my G-d who blessed me with all of my days
Helped me see the light at the end of the maze
I was crazy, so lazy
Mind so hazy
From the negativity, now it don’t faze me
Force the darkness out and let the light shine in
Push your ego away and let peace begin
To fill the void that left your soul weakened
Say ‘Yes, I believe’ and let HIS light seep in

Look inside yourself
HE is there
Look inside yourself
HE is there

I’ve turned my back a time or two I’ll admit it
But now I’m dedicated, I’m committed
To turn my life around one step at a time
I once was weak now I’m ready to climb
To climb
Up and above all of the hate
Ready to climb on up and accept my fate
I’ve prayed G-d that it ain’t too late to finally free myself of all of this weight
That’s been put on my shoulders since I was young
It’s a wonder I never picked up a gun
Though it was tempting coming straight from the devil’s tongue
But I pulled myself up rung by rung
To be closer to YOU my G-d, my redeemer
Thanks to YOU I am a dreamer
A believer
In all of your power, all of your glory
I’m ready to accept my life’s story
It’s by your grace that I’ve made it here today
YOU believed in me even as I was led astray
Knew I’d come back some day
And here I am back on my knees and I pray
For forgiveness of all of my sins
And to thank you for all of my losses and all of my wins
And letting me know with every story ending a new one begins
A new chapter, a new life meaning
Thank you for intervening
I wish I could I have no regrets
But I haven’t made peace with my mistakes quite yet
And I know to forgive but to never forget
Forgive myself for getting upset
At you when you weren’t the one to blame
Even then, in my darkest hour you came
To show me the way
To show me the way

Look inside yourself
HE is there
Look inside yourself
HE is there
HE is thereHE is there

0 comments: