CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hipocrisy & Such

I try to walk away quietly
Maybe then they won’t see who I am or who I wanna be
Camouflage with the negativity
Slip away benevolently
Or maliciously
Whatever comes over me
As I flee to the nearest exit to serenity
Beaten paths and I laugh at all the hypocrisy
‘No hate! No, wait, except for you
Cause I hate every tiny little abstract thing you do
From how you comb your hair to how you tie your shoes’
You can’t be for peace and for hatred, too
Pick one side or the other
Don’t say you love and then stab each other
Bend to the ground hold your head, duck for cover
Bout to blow up maybe then you’ll discover
That there’s just one life on Earth you don’t get another
And if you mess up then you’re in trouble brother
Cause ain’t nobody got your back
When every statement for peace you make you retract
Rewind stick in false facts
False hopes, slip through the cracks
All you’re gonna get is flack
From the pack of the others who are just like you
Liars and cheats who got nothin’ else to do
But run their mouths like they gettin’ ready to chew
And I sit and listen to all y’all and know none of it’s true
No one else go my back but myself and you know who
Tearin holes in the skies
Don’t need a disguise
Or lies
Or fireflies
In your eyes
Just catch you by surprise
Just realize
Ain’t no compromisin’ when you’re talking to Him
People been tryin’ that game time and again
Can’t fool Him can’t play games with the King
Cause even if you got your secrets, he knows everything
He knows you’re lying straight through your teeth
He knows what’s going on the outside and underneath
If you try to worship him, try to pick up the pace
But if you’re trying to pull one over on him you’re a disgrace
Cause when judgment day comes and you meet face to face
Best believe that G-d Almighty will put you right in your place

0 comments: