CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

To Be Human

I have been called
A spick *because I have dark hair*
A dike *because I'm a feminist*
A dirty Jew *because I read about Judaism*
A Canuck *because I'm French Canadian*
A nigger lover *because I'm not racist*
An extremist *because I speak my mind*
A terrorist *because I don't support the war*
An anti-American *because I don't support the president*
A hippie *because I don't hate*
A Nazi *because I have German blood in me*
An atheist *because I have questioned my faith*
What do I call these people?
Ignorant
Close-minded
Rude
Mean spirited
But I also call them human
Because to human is to err
Human is to judge
Human is to not trust outsiders
We are all fallible
We are all mortal
We are all wrong
We are all right
We are human
So next time you want to call me
Spick, dike, dirty Jew, Canuck, nigger lover, extremist, terrorist, anti-American, hippie, Nazi, atheist
Just call me human
Just like you

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, that is powerful!