CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I didn't smoke for long. I forget, now, why I even started. I think to just find out what the hype was about. Most of my friends smoked and it was at a time when my mother started up again. I asked my mom if I could take one tiny drag off of hers. I had asked this many times but had never followed through with it, hence why she willingly handed it over to me. To her surprise, and to somewhat of my own, I took a drag, making sure not to inhale. My mom looked at me in a mix of horror and amazement. She said, "See, it's gross, isn't it?" I shook my head disagreeably and said I actually liked it. I continued to smoke the remaining cigarette. After that, I snuck around, buying a pack here or there and eventually being able to inhale. Soon enough, I was caught, and although I am twenty years old, I still felt like a child getting caught stealing a dollar bill out of their mother's purse. My mom was disappointed but she didn't really lecture me. I only smoked for about a month and only quit because my aunt and cousin pleaded with me to. I still crave the nicotine but I haven't smoked once since I decided to quit. I watch people smoking and just want to ask to bum one off of them, but I resist the urge and carry on with my day.

0 comments: