CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sweet Addiction


I watch as she fights. She eyes the boxes on the shelf, wanting them, needing them. She tries talking to me, never looking directly at me, keeping her eyes on those boxes. That sweet addiction. She craves it in her system. She smiles, with yellow teeth at me. "I think I might cave," she says, with a jerky glance at me that quickly returns to the boxes. I tell her to be strong and that she can do it. She bites her nails, trying to get that last tiny bit of nicotine from under them. Disgusted, I turn away, but I know addiction all too well and I know her pain. She'll probably buy a pack when she leaves, but at least I delayed her for a good half of an hour. I hope she doesn't give in to that sweet addiction.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, you are getting a lot of writing done. Nice. I like what you are doing with the pictures; they work so well with your poetry. Keep up the momentum.