CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

WHY?

Why when you walk into the room
does my confidence hide and
cower in fear? What once was
my ego is now air and I
stumble over words and try to
hide my flaws, when just moments
ago I was on top of the world
spinning carefree? My breath
gets stolen from my lungs
as if I was punched in the gut
and I notice your glance at her
and jealousy envelops me and I
feel small like a spec of dust
just floating past you. A nobody
important, just that girl. A mutual
friend means nothing and neither
do my eyes making contact with
yours and you shake my hand,
my hand goodnight, and tell
me it was nice to meet me
although I know you won't
remember me by the morning.
Maybe just that girl, but the name
escapes you but I'm not worth
the thought of what my name
could be and you drink your coffee
and start a new day without the slightest
thought me. But you're the only
thing on my mind.

0 comments: