CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

YOUTH

All I know is what's around me
Bared souls and beating hearts
Colors flying past in flashes
Death the color of the earth surrounds
Even the whisper of the trees
Fine and angelic like a harp
Going in and out of my memory
Hushing tones of the river
Itching of curiosity in my bones
Just because I know you've been here before
Knowing your feet have been right where mine are now
Long ago
My mind sees your face so vividly
Never have I seen you before
Oval stones tossed by tiny hands
Praying to sink to the bottoms quickly
Quiet songs of the grass
Run through my toes and up my body
Stopping to rest on a man
That, long ago, I knew
Under the weeping willows
Various beams of light warming my skin
Words are silenced
Xerox copies of my past
Yahweh speaking to my son
Zealous minds whirling past

0 comments: